E3 2011 – Ubisoft Press Conference Recap
Missed Ubisoft’s E3 presser? Never fret, we here at Level Up News have got you covered with a quick recap of what Ubisoft showed us:
– Rayman Origins: We got to see a two-player co-op demo of Raynan Origins, showing of some classic platforming action along with a slight taste of shmup lite action. The game appears to have a “Holiday 2011” release date.
– Driver: San Francisco: A trailer for the upcoming open-world driving game was shown, giving us glimpses of frantic wreckless driving stunts, polices chases and crazy traffic chases. We were also promised that Driver: San Francisco will have groundbreaking multiplayer that has not been seen in driving games before. The game is scheduled for release on August 30th on the Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, PC and 3DS.
– FarCry 3: I was very happy to see some gameplay from the new entry in the FarCry series. We got to see some epic firefighting, explosions, and a really crazy mercenary who you certainly don’t want to get on the wrong side of. Looks great and I hope it gets the series back on track. Look for it sometime next year.
– Brothers In Arms: Furious Four: I would be lying if I told you that I wasn’t thinking of Inglorious Bastards when I saw the trailer for this game. Certainly not the Brothers In Arms game that you’re probably used to. Looks like they’re going for a bit of an over-the-top feel for this one. The game is expected to be out next year.
– The Adventures of Tintin: The Game: Going to be frank here, I’m not overly familiar with The Adventures of Tintin. I’ve heard of it, but nothing more. It does look like a rather interesting story-based adventure game that has Steven Spielberg’s backing to it. Don’t know particularly much else about the release date at this time.
– Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Future Soldier: This one had my attention the whole way through. A four-player co-op gameplay demo was presented, and it looked awesome. You can lineup coordinated killshots with your teammates, move from cover-to-cover with a button press, cloak yourself to make you look invisible, etc. It looks really fun and should be an awesome co-op title. Ghost Recon: Future Soldier is scheduled for release early next year.
– Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Online: Want to play Ghost Recon for free? Well, Ubisoft is going to be rolling out a free-to-play online Ghost Recon very soon. Not much else to say about it, but you can go and sign up for the beta right here if you’re interested!
– Trackmania 2: Canyon: The latest in the Trackmania series looks to beef up the game graphically and allow players to create crazy, awe-inspiring and adrenaline-filled tracks to race on against the world. It looks like a lot of fun, too! In fact, the beta is to be getting kicked off next month with the game’s retail release (via digital download) to be in September.
– Raving Rabbids: Alive & Kicking: The Rabbids are back, this time making an appearance on the Kinect for a lot of party fun. A live gameplay demo showed off a Whack-A-Mole-esque game along with a game where up to four players have to shift and move to have their shadows make a certain shape on-screen. Once you do that, a photo of you and your motley crew can be shared to Facebook. The game is scheduled for release on November 8th.
– Let’s Dance 3: Not only will the fan-favorite Let’s Dance series return with another title this year, but it’s also infecting the Kinect and Move. Up to four players will be able to shake their moneymakers to try and get the highest score and bragging rights from their dancin’ fool buddies. Let’s Dance 3 will be hitting all three platforms on October 11th.
– Rocksmith: Rocksmith is looking to bridge the gap between gaming guitar gods and real-life guitar gods, allowing both to learn how to play songs with a real guitar. We got to see a trailer that featured Dave Navarro talking about the game and what it means to play the guitar for real. It looks very interesting and could pull off what Power Gig couldn’t. You won’t have to wait long, either! Rocksmith is scheduled for release this October.
– Your Shape Fitness 2012: A brand new edition of the Your Shape Fitness franchise will be making its way to the Kinect later this year.
– Assassin’s Creed: Revelations: The last title in, presumably, Ezio’s run in the Assassin’s Creed franchise was shown off as Ubisoft’s last game for this year’s conference. Live gameplay showed off Ezio laying the smackdown on all in his way, along with lighting an entire fleet of ships on fire at the end of the demo. It looks very good and should be an excellent end to Ezio’s run. Look for Assassin’s Creed: Revelations when it comes out on November 15th.
Very impressive conference from Ubisoft this year that hit a lot of different genres and interests of gamers worldwide. Be sure to check out more E3 coverage right here all this week!