Bring your heart of the cards to the 2011 Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D’s World Championship Qualifier
Hey Yu-Gi-Oh! fans, get your Blue Eyes White Dragon ready because Konami has announced details for the 2011 Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D’s World Championship Qualifier.
This year, the stakes are raised as the top qualifiers will travel to Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania to battle for the crown to become the top Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D’s World Championship player in the country! Players will be tested online with the quiz portion of the tournament to test their knowledge of the Yu-Gi-Oh! universe including the video game, animated series and trading card game. Only the top 256 per region will have what it takes to move on to compete head-to-head in online play!
The online tournament registration begins TODAY at www.yugiohuschampionship.com where contestants register for the tournament and compete in the online qualifiers. The tournament is broken into three online qualifiers. The schedule breaks down as follows:
1st Round: Online Quiz Qualifier
- Players tested on all things within the Yu-Gi-Oh! universe.
- Top 256 finishers (per region) will advance to 2nd round
2nd Round: Online Regional Qualifier
- Top 32 Finishers (per region) will advance to final online qualifier
3rd Round: Yu-Gi-Oh! Online Final
- Top four (4) players are eligible to go on to compete head-to-head in person
4th Round: Head to Head Competition
- Players travel to Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
o Date: July 2011
- Players duel against each other with the Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D’s World Championship 2011,Over the Nexus game on Nintendo DS™.
- 2 winners will be crowned 2011 US Yu-Gi-Oh! Champions and will compete against the best of the best in the World Championship later this year in Europe!
The tournament breeds competition and cooperation, but also celebrates the release of Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D’s World Championship 2011, Over the Nexus for Nintendo DS, the latest video game iteration in the popular franchise based on the Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D’s animated series on The CW 4Kids Network and Cartoon Network. Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D’s World Championship 2011 is available now at retail stores nationwide for the SRP of $29.99. The game is packaged with three exclusive trading cards as well.
For tournament rules, registration and more information on Yu-Gi-Oh! visit: www.yugiohuschampionship.com