Update from GDC show floor
Since I’m a self-proclaimed Mac fanboy, I’m usually filling your head with app reviews and iOS news such as Apple’s announcement of the new, improved (thinner, lighter and faster) iPad 2.
Today, I’m switching my hat back to my initial days at LevelUpNews as a staff writer covering video games. In reality, I’m doing it because I’m at the Game Developers Conference (GDC) in San Francisco. The mecca for game developers. I’d be re-missed and a fool not to mention some of the info from GDC. And, it would be a disservice to the two readers that read my articles (thanks spouse and daughter).
But I digress. Here is the top news:
- Red Dead Redemption and Minecraft take top Game Developers Choice Awards [via USA Today]
- Amnesia: The Dark Decent took three awards at the Independent Games Festival including the Direct2Drive Vision Award [via IGF]
- Sony and Insomniac gave a hands-on demo to a few lucky gamers (I wasn’t one of them) [via DigitalTrends]
- Speaking of Sony, they announced that they’ve sold 41.6 million PS3s and 70 million PSN accounts [via PSXEstreme]
- New Super Mario game for 3DS “kind of” announced [via ComputerandVideo]
Stay tuned for more to come… because I have a press pass and I’m taking SF over.Update from GDC show floor,