NIS America releases Character Chowdown on iTunes
NIS America is happy to announce that Character Chowdown is now available on iTunes®! Character Chowdown is a brand-new game that will aid students in learning new languages. Developed in cooperation with Yummy Yummy Tummy, Character Chowdown will feature cuddly characters and cameos from Nippon Ichi Software Inc.’s popular Disgaea series. Players can start learning Japanese with the free katakana pack. More language packs for hiragana and hundreds of kanji will also be available in the coming months.
About the game
Character Chowdown is an educational puzzle game designed to teach players how to read Asian language sets such as kana and kanji. Troublemaking Nommons will challenge players by making the characters that players have a difficult time recalling appear more often to reinforce what they are practicing. Designed to be played on the go, Character Chowdown is ready to satiate anyone eager to learn a new language.
- Deliciously easy: Players can learn hiragana, katakana, and hundreds of kanji characters in a fun, quick, casual way.
- Progressive performance: A sophisticated system recognizes which characters players have mastered and which ones they need to work on.
- Additional heroes: Heroes and villains from the Disgaea series will make guest appearances in future downloadable content.
- Fill up on achievements: Game Center achievements will be awarded for events, such as learning all of the characters in a language pack and flicking monsters off the screen.
- Say “Hi!” with postcards: Players can create and send digital postcards by decorating Nommons with accessories unlocked by completing language packs. Custom postcards can be shared through a user’s Facebook profile.
- Start learning for free: Katakana, a Japanese language set commonly used for foreign words, will be released for free.